“Staff have an excellent understanding of the needs of children. They use highly effective systems to monitor children’s progress… As a result, children make outstanding progress in their learning”Ofsted
“Excellent use is made of the outdoor learning environment. Children are able to move freely between the inside and outdoor areas, with weekly forest school activities enriching their learning experiences”
Dinton Pre-School is unique in its setting and character. In 1975 the Pre-school opened in Mrs Clark’s living room with a handful of children, gradually over the years the school expanded and moved in to purpose built premises.
The Pre-School continues to grow and flourish, but we pride ourselves in knowing each individual child and their family, all staff, parents, children and siblings enjoy this friendship and security.
Our Mission Statement
- To ensure that every child’s needs are met by making each individual child’s interests, safety and happiness central to everything we do
- To ensure that Dinton pre-school is a place where a child’s uniqueness is respected and celebrated.
- To encourage every child to achieve their full potential at each stage of development, to give them the best possible start in life.
- To effect and offer a range of developmentally appropriate activities to feed the unique interests of each child, create an excitement for learning and encourage independent and active learning in all environments.
- To work in partnership with every parent / carer to assist us in providing high quality care, specific to the developmental and individual needs of their child.
- To focus and empower a skilled and knowledgeable staff team, developing the strengths of all practitioners to support and extend children’s learning and development through the child’s interests.
Dinton Pre-School has chosen to undertake the Bristol Standards Quality Assurance program. This allows all staff to reflect on how we may improve the setting with each submission and develop our practice.